April 26, 2011

Introduction

For the past few years I've had awful back spasms, headaches, grogginess, and a general desire to start my body over with a clean slate.

I started by eliminating carbonated beverages and juice that wasn't 100%, and drinking more water. It was a good start, but it clearly wasn't enough because I continued to feel how a contortionist looks. When I realized something wasn't right when I didn't have the ability to put my legs over my shoulders

Mentally, I had a check list. Exercise, be well rested, eat healthy! I began researching ingredients in the food in my cabinent.
Well fuck me, surely this must be the culprit. Last I checked, I can't find yellow #5 or mono sodium glutamate in my neighbor's garden. I immediately eliminated all processed food from my diet, except for the occasional temptation spurred by a waft of a McDonald's. When I became pregnant, my desire to eat healthy grew stronger, but my abilities became weaker. 

A year after giving birth I've started paying attention to my body more. I want to be healthy so I have decided to slowly transition from my quasi-healthy lifestyle, to a raw food diet. I'm going to try and chronicle my progress here and post recipes and transitional tips as I find them.

Enjoy my journey - albeit painful and difficult I believe I'm doing this for the best.

Listening to: The Water Jet Cilicie by Andrew Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment